Biology is the study of living things. For the purpose of research and experimenting, scientists and biologists are expected to gain familiarity with appropriate computational methods, protocols, theoretical and practical approaches and tools to proceed with successful biological research program. In Bioinformatics, the use of methods and protocols is quite evident. For scientists making attempts to discover new biological relationships, it is imperative to have access to the cutting-edge protocols of Biology. To define methods and protocols in a nutshell, it works like helping hands to greenhorn biologists and experienced professionals in spilling the beans of computational tools that has resulted in the progression of modern biology.
All protocols in biology are divided into categories. Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Histology, Genomics and Plant Biology are namely a few. These protocols explain the nitty-gritty’s of the research conducted. For example, in Embryology, De-Jellying of Frog Eggs is a very crucial protocol. It simply reveals a study on jellies produced by frogs to keep their eggs and developing embryos protected in a thick, jelly coating. Similarly, in order to design antigens and learn about immunization inside out, the protocol of ‘Antibodies – From Design to Assay’ plays a big-league role.
Advantages of Studying Protocols and Methods:
- The study of protocols and methods has shown proven results in bringing an upgradation to the standards of medical research.
- By allowing biologists to scrutinize reports of researches in the past, there is lesser chance of data dredging. Instead, the reader gains complete knowledge of what was initially intended and the ultimate results achieved. Based on the reports, the biologist can work further without dealing with hassles like post-hok revisions.
- A report or draft prepared by associates in the past are always a great reference material for biologists.
- Since research works are always in need of funding, pouring over the datas formulated in previous researches always cut down the overuse of funds by lessening duplication of research reports.
- Finally, protocols are the best way to learn about studies that are underway. It is especially rewarding for biologists volunteering to start with an ongoing research project.
Researchers looking for innovative technologies and cutting-edge techniques find the use of protocols and methods most befitting.
Extensive compilation of biological research protocol books and manuals in the life sciences.
Portal containing links to protocols, news, and bioinformatic tools and resources categorized by DNA, RNA, protein, and proteomics.
Database of research protocols in bioscience.