- Plant Type: Shrub
- Common names: Sasanqua, Sasangua Camellia.
- Flower Dimensions: Not more prominent than 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Colors: White, shell pink, Rose, cherry red.
- Flowering Season: It can bloom in late summer anytime through fall and winter.
- Places in Japan where Sasanqua is found: Usually in Southern Japan.
Camellia sasanqua is a shrub that can grow to 60 cm-3.6 m. It is a beautiful Japanese plant with a pleasing fragrance.
- The flowers of the sasanqua are primarily single or semi-double. Therefore, their bloom is not as large as those of Camellia japonica. .
- The foliage of the sasanqua is evergreen and glossy. The leaves are half the size of the Camellia japonica. .
- The sasanqua grows faster than the Camellia japonica. It is a part-shade lover and blends beautifully with other flowers in the garden.
Interesting Facts about Sasanqua
- The flowers are often taken to the grave to signify that those who have died are always remembered.
- The Sasanqua flower is often given to loved ones because it symbolizes desire and passion.
- The flower is often given to someone you want to see successful because the sasanqua signifies perfection and excellence.
- Sasanqua can be given to the person we admire secretly since it symbolizes being delicate, gentle, and sophisticated.
- The Sasanqua flower conveys the secret message: to treasure Love and always have a positive mindset no matter what.
Suggested Reading: Flower Species
Cite This Page
BioExplorer.net. (2022, June 29). Sasanqua. Bio Explorer. https://www.bioexplorer.net/plants/flowers/sasanqua/.
BioExplorer.net. "Sasanqua" Bio Explorer, 29 June 2022, https://www.bioexplorer.net/plants/flowers/sasanqua/.
BioExplorer.net. "Sasanqua" Bio Explorer, June 29 2022. https://www.bioexplorer.net/plants/flowers/sasanqua/.