- Plant Type: Bulbs, perennials.
- Common name: Tiger Lily.
- Color: Orange with black or deep crimson spots.
- Flower Dimensions: 5-inch
- Flowering season: mid to late summer (July to August).
- Places in Japan where Tiger Lily is found: Plains and small mountains around Hokkaido to Kyushu.
Tiger Lily is a perennial bulb plant that can grow 60 cm to 150 cm. in height. It is a prolific flower that gives the appearance of the tiger’s skin. This is an excellent border plant.
- The leaves are strongly lance-shaped on the slender stems.
- Tiger Lily plants can produce up to 40 blossoms when they become mature bulbs. These flowers are showy and fragrant.
- Lilum lancifolium is highly disease-resistant and can thrive in any kind of soil as long as they are well-drained.
- The tiger Lilies are also used in traditional medicine and herbalism.
Interesting Facts about Tiger Lily
- The Tiger Lily flower is associated with wealth and pride. It also symbolizes confidence and positivity.
- The tiger lily can cause nausea, kidney failure, and death to cats but not to dogs and humans.
- In the past, giving tiger lilies was very special because these flowers don’t come cheap. The tiger lily flower stands for the courage of women.
Suggested Reading: All Flowers
Cite This Page
BioExplorer.net. (2022, November 28). Tiger Lily. Bio Explorer. https://www.bioexplorer.net/plants/flowers/tiger-lily/.
BioExplorer.net. "Tiger Lily" Bio Explorer, 28 November 2022, https://www.bioexplorer.net/plants/flowers/tiger-lily/.
BioExplorer.net. "Tiger Lily" Bio Explorer, November 28 2022. https://www.bioexplorer.net/plants/flowers/tiger-lily/.