Biotechnology is basically the merging of the knowledge obtained in biology with scientific methods and practices in technology. With the utilization of the knowledge of cellular and molecular processes, biotechnology deals with the act of modifying products and crops in order to suit specific applications and engineer them to make them more useful (Organization 2016). Here is the history of biotechnology and its timeline summary.
The probability and possibilities behind this kind of interest towards biotechnology lie behind to its boundless potential and promising approaches to serve and to benefit every aspect of man’s life. Inventions and innovations in this field include food, health, and animal life (Ashish Swarup Verma 2011). Refer to the detailed history of biochemistry and history of genetics here.
History of Biotechnology
Top 10 Biotechnology News In 2017
15 Wonderful Biotechnology Inventions In 2018
Top 10 Biotechnology Discoveries in 2019
Top 10 Biotechnology News of 2020
Top Biotechnology News of 2021
- Ashish Swarup Verma, Shishir Agrahari, Shruti Rastogi, and Anchal Singh. “Biotechnology in the Realm of History.” Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences, 2011: 321–323.
- Bagley, M. Genetics: The Study of Heredity. 2013. http://www.livescience.com/27332-genetics.html (accessed July 22, 2016).
- Berkeley. Genetic Variation. 2012. http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_17 (accessed July 22, 2016).
- Coley, N. “History of Biochemistry.” History of Biochemistry, 2016: 9.
- kenyon.edu. History of Genetics. 2016. http://biology.kenyon.edu/courses/biol114/Chap01/history_genetics.html (accessed July 22, 2016).
- Norman, J. Coining the term “Genetics”. 2004). http://www.historyofinformation.com/expanded.php?id=4289 (accessed July 22, 2016).
- Organization, Biotechnology Innovation. History of Biotechnology. 2016. https://www.bio.org/articles/history-biotechnology (accessed July 23, 2016).
- Pray, L. “Discovery of DNA Structure and Function: Watson and Crick.” Nature Education, 2009: 100-101.
- Smith, D. Uniformitarianism: Charles Lyell. 2016. http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/history_12 (accessed July 22, 2016).
- USA.gov. All About The Human Genome Project (HGP). 2015. https://www.genome.gov/10001772/all-about-the–human-genome-project-hgp/ (accessed July 22, 2016).
- Utah.edu. PCR. 2016. http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/labs/pcr/ (accessed July 22, 2016).