Evolution, in the broadest sense, is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations. The Latin word “evolutio” initially meant “unrolling the scroll“. In its metaphorical sense, it suggests that studying evolution is like unraveling a recitation of a story. The story is already written, and all that is required is to read that message. In this page, we will explore the complete history of evolution and interesting events in different centuries that occurred in the study of evolution.
Charles Darwin is considered by many as the “Father of Evolutionary Thought“. However, this credit shouldn’t be on Darwin alone since he was guided by the works of different scientists before him. Darwin himself had no knowledge about heredity hence his theory of natural selection is only limited to his observations during that time.
History of Evolution
Top 10 Evolution News In 2017
Top 15 Evolutionary Biology News in 2018
Top 2019 Discoveries in Evolution
Top 10 Evolutionary Biology News of 2020
Top 15 Evolutionary Biology News of 2021
-  – Moran, L. What is Evolution. 1993. Link
-  – Lindsay, D. Defining Evolution. 1998. Link (accessed July 22, 2016).
-  – Definition of Theology. 2016. Link (accessed July 22, 2016).
-  – Farabee, M. Development of the Evolutionary Theory. 2001. Link (accessed July 22, 2016).
-  – Smith, D. Uniformitarianism: Charles Lyell. 2016. Link (accessed July 22, 2016).